January 2017 – Present
Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
December 2014 – January 2017
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
2013 – August 2014
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Yazd University, Iran
Laboratory of Organic Materials and Interfaces
Department of Chemical Engineering, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2011 – 2012
Department of Chemistry “Ugo Schiff”, Universita degli Studi din Firenze, Italy
2009 – 2011
National Cloud Seeding Research Center of Iran (NACSER), Iran
One of the main objectives of my research is the development of electrochemical lab-on-chip nanogap devices to elucidate the molecular mechanism of neuronal communication at the level of single nanometer vesicles. I aim to answer the question whether vesicles release their entire content during a typical exocytosis. This approach can be used as an alternative method to electrochemical cytometry to quantitatively probe the transmitter content of individual secretory vesicles. Another objective is to design and fabricate nanofluidic platforms that allow selectively detection of the electro/non-electroactive neurotransmitters, which their malfunctions are responsible for several diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson.
I also aim to perform electrochemical measurements of exocytosis combined with intracellular electrochemical cytometry to evaluate the effect of some anticancer drugs such as Tamoxifen, that affect cognition. It has been reported that these drugs cause memory and cognitive dysfunction, but the reasons for the cognitive impairment and memory problems induced by chemotherapy are unknown. I am thus interested in investigating the influence of these drugs on the nervous system. I will evaluate the effects of these agents on vesicle content and kinetics of release.
1. Zahra Taleat, Judith Estévez-Herrera, José D. Machado, Johan Dunevall, Andrew. G. Ewing, Ricardo Borges, Electrochemical investigation of the interaction between catecholamines and ATP, 2017, (Under revision).
2. Zahra Taleat, Klaus Mathwig, Ernst J. R. Sudholter, Liza Rassaei, Methylated and Hyper-Methylated DNA: Importance and Detection Strategies, Trends in Analytical Chemistry (TeAC), 2015, 66, 80-89.
3. Zahra Taleat, Alireza Khoshroo, M. Mazloum-Ardakani, Screen-printed electrodes for biosensing: A review (2008 – 2013). Microchim Acta., 2014, 181, 865–891.
4. Zahra Taleat, Cecilia Cristea, Giovanna Marrazza, M. Mazloum-Ardakani, Robert Sandulescu, Electrochemical immunoassay based on aptamer–protein interaction and functionalized polymer for cancer biomarker detection, Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry 717-718 (2014) 119–124.
5. M. Mazloum-Ardakani, Laleh Hosseinzadeh, Zahra Taleat, Two kinds of electrochemical immunoassays for the tumor necrosis factor α in human serum using screen-printed graphite electrodes modified with poly (anthranilic acid). Microchim Acta. 2014, 181, 917–924.
6. Zahra Taleat, Cecilia Cristea, Giovanna Marrazza, Robert Sandulescu, Electrochemical Sandwich Immunoassay for the Ultrasensitive Detection of Human MUC1 Cancer Biomarker, International Journal of Electrochemistry, Volume 2013, Article ID 740265, 6 pages.
7. Anca Florea, Zahra Taleat, Cecilia Cristea, Mohammad Mazloum-Ardakani, Robert Sandulescu, Label free MUC1 aptasensors based on electrodeposition of gold nanoparticles on screen printed electrodes, Electrochemistry communications, 33 (2013) 127-130.
8. Zahra Taleat, Andrea Ravalli, Mohammad Mazloum-Ardakani, Giovanna Marrazza, CA125 immunosensor based on poly-anthranilic acid modified screen-printed electrodes, Electroanalysis, 25 (2013) 269-277.
9. M. Mazloum-Ardakani, Zahra Taleat, Alireza Khoshroo, Hadi Beitollahi, Hossein Dehghani, Electrocatalytic Oxidation and Voltammetric Determination of Levodopa in the Presence of Carbidopa at the Surface of a Nanostructure based Electrochemical Sensor. Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 35 (2012) 75-81.
10. M. Mazloum-Ardakani, Zahra Taleat, Hadi Beitollahi, Hossein Naeimi, Nanomolar concentrations determination of hydrazine by a modified carbon paste electrode incorporating TiO2 nanoparticles, Nanoscale, 3 (2011) 1683- 1689.
11. M. Mazloum-Ardakani, Zahra Taleat, Hadi Beitollahi, Hossein Naeimi, Electrocatalytic determination of epinephrine and uric acid using a novel hydroquinone modified carbon paste electrode. Chinese Chemical Letters, 22 (2011) 701- 708.
12. M. Mazloum Ardakani, Zahra Taleat, H. Beitollahi, M. Salavati-Niasari, B.B.F. Mirjalili, N. Taghavinia, Electrocatalytic oxidation and nanomolar determination of guanine at the surface of a molybdenum (VI) complex–nanoparticle modified carbon paste electrode. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, 624 (2008) 73–78.
13. Zahra Taleat, M. Mazloum Ardakani, Hossein Naeimi, Hadi Beitollahi, Maryam Nejati, Hamid Reza Zare, Electrochemical Behavior of Ascorbic Acid at a 2,2-[3,6-Dioxa-1,8 octanediylbis (nitriloethylidyne)]-bis- hydroquinone Carbon Paste Electrode, ANALYTICAL SCIENCES , 24 (2008) 1039- 1044.