I obtained master degree in 2006 from K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. I am Ph.D student in K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran. I joined the group of Andrew Ewing at Gothenburg University as a Visiting PhD Student from 2011.6.
- S. Majdi, N. Najafinobar, J. Lovric, A. G. Ewing, “ DMSO chemically alters cell membranes slowing exocytosis and increasing the fraction of partial transmitter release” Accepted in ChemBioChem.
- Dunevall , S. Majdi , A. Larsson, A. Ewing, ”Vesicle impact electrochemical cytometry compared to amperometric exocytosis measurements” Current Opinion in Electrochemistry 2017, 000 :1–7
- Ren L, M.D. Pour, S. Majdi, X. Li, P. Malmberg, A.G. Ewing,”Zinc Regulates Chemical-Transmitter Storage in Nanometer Vesicles and Exocytosis Dynamics as Measured by Amperometry” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. (2017) 56,4970 –4975
- Fathali, J. Dunevall, S. Majdi, A.-S., Cans, “Extracellular Osmotic Stress Reduces the Vesicle Size while Keeping a Constant Neurotransmitter Concentration” ACS Chem. Neurosci. 8 (2017) 368 – 375
- Najafinobar, J. Lovrić, S. Majdi, J. Dunevall, A.-S. Cans, A. G. Ewing,“Excited Fluorophores Enhance the Opening of Vesicles at Electrode Surfaces in Vesicle Electrochemical Cytometry” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 55 (2016) 15081-15085
- Lovrić, N. Najafinobar, J. Dunevall, S. Majdi, I. Svir, A. Oleinick, C. Amatore, A. G. Ewing,“On the mechanism of electrochemical vesicle cytometry: chromaffin cell vesicles and liposomes” Faraday Discuss. (2016) DOI: 10.1039/C6FD00102E.
- S. Majdi, E. C. Berglund, J. Dunevall, A. I. Oleinick, C. Amatore, D. Krantz, A. G. Ewing,“Electrochemical Measurements of Optogenetically Stimulated Quantal Amine Release from Single Nerve Cell Varicosities in Drosophila Larvae” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54 (2015) 13609–13612.
- S. Majdi, Li. X., J. Dunevall, H. Fathali, and A. G. Ewing, “Quantitative Measurement of Transmitters in Individual Vesicles in the Cytoplasm of Single Cells with Nanotip Electrodes” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54 (2015) 1 – 6.
- S. Majdi, L. Ren, H. Fathali, X. Li and A.G. Ewing, “Selected recent in vivo studies on chemical measurements in invertebrates” Analyst 104 (2015) 3676-3686.
- Heli, N. Sattarahmady, S. Majdi, “A study of the charge propagation in nanoparticles of Fe2O3 core-cobalt hexacyanoferrate shell by chronoamperometry and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy” J Solid State Electrochem 16 (2012) 53–64
- Heli, S. Majdi, N. Sattarahmady, “Fe2O3 Core-NaCo[Fe(CN)6] Shell Nanoparticles-Synthesis and Characterization” Materials Research Bulletin 45 (2008) 850-858
- Heli, S. Majdi, N. Sattarahmady, A. Parsaei, “Electrocatalytic oxidation and sensitive detection of deferoxamine on nanoparticles of Fe2O3@NaCo[Fe(CN)6]-modified paste electrode” J Solid State Electrochem. 14 (2010) 1637-1647
- Heli, S. Majdi, A. Jabbari, N. Sattarahmady, A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi, ”Electrooxidation of dextromethorphan on a carbon nanotube–carbon J Solid State Electrochem 14 (2010) 1515–1523
- Heli, S. Majdi, N. Sattarahmady, “Ultrasensitive sensing of N-acetyl-L-cysteine using an electrocatalytic transducer of nanoparticles of iron (III) oxide core-cobalt hexacyanoferrate shell” Sensors and Actuators B 145 (2010) 185–193
- Heli, A. Jabbari, S. Majdi, M. Mahjoub, A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi, Sh. Sheibani, “Electrooxidation and determination of some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs on nanoparticles of Ni–curcumin-complex-modified electrode” J Solid State Electrochem (2009) 7.
- S. Majdi, A. Jabbar , H. Heli, H. Yadegari , A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi , S. Haghgo, “Electrochemical oxidation and determination of ceftriaxone on a glassy carbon and carbon-nanotube-modified glassy carbon electrodes” J Solid State Electrochem 13 (2009) 407–416
- Yadegari, A. Jabbari, H. Heli, A. A. Moosavi-Movahedi, S. Majdi, “Electrochemistry of Deferiprone as an Orally Active Iron Chelator and HIV-1 Replication Inhibitor, and its Determination” J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 19 (2008) 1017-1022.
- S. Majdi, A. Jabbari, H. Heli, A.A. Moosavi-Movahedi,“Electrocatalytic oxidation of some amino acids on a nickel-curcumin complex modified glassy carbon electrode” Electrochimica Acta 52 (2007) 4622–4629
- S. Majdi, M. Barzegar, A. Jabbari, M. AghaAlikhani, “Supercritical Fluid Extraction of Tobacco Seed Oil and its Comparison with Solvent Extraction Methods” J. Agr. Sci. Tech. 14 (2012) 1043-1051
- S. Majdi, A. Jabbari, H. Heli, “A study of the electrocatalytic oxidation of aspirin on a nickel hydroxide modified nickel electrode”, Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry 11 (2007) 601-607
My research focus is to understand how changes in monoamine release from varicosities regulate synaptic transmission and behavior in the Dorosophila fly. Our main tool is the body wall of the dorosophila larvae and we use the electrochemical methods for recording of individual exocytotic event in the larvae’s muscles. This is in collaboration with David Kranz from UCLA.
The body wall of Dorosophila larvae